Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello Foodies!


I have OCD - Obsessive Cooking Disorder... My name is Nikko, and I'm a passionate foodie from Florida. I've been cooking since I was very young. My mom taught me how to make a box of Kraft Mac N Cheese when I was either 4 or 5. I learned how to make deviled eggs from Sesame Street and my love of food grew from watching Julia Child, Graham Kerr, and Jeff Smith on TV. I started making videos of cooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. Even though I love rather "haute cuisine" food when I go out, to be able to translate wonderful tastes from around the globe with what is available at the local grocery store is something that is very exciting and just plain fun! I am Greek and that has some influence on my cooking. I come from a very food loving oriented culture, so my passion for cooking and sharing of food is, if you will, genetic. I have just about every issue of Gourmet going back almost 10 years. I buy/read foodie mags and cookbooks like many others read novels. I am an admitted Food Geek. I have every show Julia Child did. I cook all types of cuisine; my signature dish comes from one of the many creative salads in my repertoire, a Continental Blue Arugula Fillet Extravaganza. I can make a tasty, flavorful and even healthy meal with the influences of a particular cuisine. My mini lamb burgers with tzatziki and Greek roasted chicken will have you slap your momma out of the way so you can have more! Breakfasts..... don't even get me started on how I LOVE breakfast! From the b&g's (biscuits & gravy), cheesy grits, bacon and leek baked eggs, breakfast hash, standard sausage and eggs and the most awesome (easy) eggs Benedict. I do requests too so if there's something you would like to see made - let me know and we'll see what we can do!

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko

No comments:

Post a Comment