Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chilli Lime Squid O's





I woke up today wanting squid for dinner. I'm Greek, these kind of things happen to us every once and a while. Anyway, I went to the market after work and the squid looked great, and smelled like the sea (like it should). I bought some and took it home - the rest is history...




1/2 small red onion diced
1/2 cup bell pepper diced (green, yellow, and red)
1/2 pound squid rings
1/2 bottle CurrySimple Gourmet Chilli Lime Sauce (yes they use 2 L's in their Chilli)
Cilantro
Lime wedges

Soften the onion in a spot of butter w/ a small pinch of salt. Once softened, add the peppers and cook for 1 minute. Add the rinsed squid to the pan and the chilli lime sauce - it will only take a few minutes for the squid to cook - DO NOT over cook them or you'll have a bowl full of rubber bands to eat... Squid either stays in the pan for just a few minutes or and hour no in between.

You could serve this over rice but I say just enjoy the squid. The chilli lime sauce has a good flavor and is a bit spicy (which is nice)...

Give this one a try - If I can do it - So can you...

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko

--

No comments:

Post a Comment