Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FoodBuzz Tastemaker: Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti


I've had some pretty amazing ravioli in my days but the Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti ranks! As members of the Tastemaker program at Foodbuzz (www.foodbuzz.com), we were sent the Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti to try, and we're so glad they did! This is an amazing product. The semolina pasta is very thin and has a smooth texture and great bite. The true gem of this product is the pairing of the mushrooms, garlic, and cheeses that makes for an explosion of flavor in every bite.

There are so many amazing things you can do with this pasta. Given it was our first time with this product we decided to go down a very simple road so we could experience the essence of the agnolotti. All we did was sauté the Wild Mushroom Agnolotti in some sage butter. That's right we didn't boil the pasta at all - just right into some butter infused with sage. The agnolotti cooked for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. All I can say is every single bite made me smile. All I could think of was that I wanted more when my plate was empty - it's just that good.

The next time we make the Wild Mushroom Agnolotti I believe it's going to be simmered in chicken broth with a bit of baby spinach, crispy prosciutto, and maybe some extra mushrooms...

I've tried a few more pastas from Buitoni's Riserva line of pastas and they are all amazing! I'm all for making fresh pasta at home, but if you want a quick 20 minute from start to finish meal - give them a try!

1 Package Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti
10 or so Sage Leaves chiffinade
3-4 tablespoons of butter

Saute sage in butter for a few minutes. Add the Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. Plate, eat, & enjoy!

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko

--


No comments:

Post a Comment