Thursday, July 30, 2009

Biscuits & Gravy!

My all time favorite breakfast food is biscuits & gravy - or B & G's are they're known in my house... I don't remember how old I was the first time I had biscuits & gravy but I'm pretty sure they put it in my baby bottle... Anyway, making this wonderful dish is very simple.

1 lb sausage - country or breakfast works well (not the spicy)
3-4 Tbs flour
2-3 Cups milk
salt
pepper
love
1 Package of biscuits

Start by preheating the oven and making the biscuits according to the package. Then brown the sausage off. Once cooked remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat that was rendered. Sprinkle 3 to 4 tablespoons of flour over the sausage and mix it in well. Once all the flour is incorporated slowly add the milk a little at a time. Doing the milk in batches will help keep your gravy lump free. Turn up the heat to a medium high and the milk will thicken. Once it's to your desired thickness add salt and pepper to taste and serve.

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko

--

Version 1



--

Version 2

2 comments:

  1. Johnsonville's Create Your Own Ville contest is ending Friday the 31st so hurry and enter for your chance at $23,000 in cash and grilling prizes!

    Go on to http://www.createyourownville.com

    Anybody plan an on entering?

    ReplyDelete