Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kings Head Brittish Pub - St. Augustine, Florida


The Kings Head is my favorite pub in the greater Jacksonville area. The pub itself was shipped over from England, and it's full of interesting items that Ann (the owner) brought over with her. For the past 3 or so years I've gone there for New Years Eve and it's a blast. The best part is that they celebrate on England time! So at 7:30 we're sing ole lang sine and getting on with the evening - home before the whackjobs hit the streets... That makes me sound really old but it is fun...




The fish and chips - The best thing going at the pub if you ask me. I get it almost every time I'm there. They do a proper fish and the chips are spot on... No mushy peas though :(












Curry chips - These are the best curry chips I've had outside of England...















Garlic Shrimp. I'd pass - I'm glad I tried it once but it really wasn't all that good. They do so many things perfect that they have to have one downer in the bunch... A lot of people seem to order it but it just wasn't my thing.









Stilton soup. OMG this is so dang good. It's rich and creamy - good to the last bite...















Escargot - It's fantastic

Cheese Plate - They usually have a few nice selections and good crackers

Scotch Egg - Well I can do better at home, but it's not bad...










Me enjoying a black castle... Half Guinness and half Newcastle...















May I introduce you to Anne - She owns the pub. What an interesting person...














If you're ever in the Jacksonville / St. Augustine area I'd highly suggest stopping in for a pint.

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko

No comments:

Post a Comment