Monday, October 5, 2009

Popcorn - In The Bag & On The Stove...

Popped corn, butter, salt, pepper...

Although it's convenient to throw a bag of popcorn in the micro - it usually doesn't produce great results. Try finding a non buttered popcorn in the bag - butter, more butter, ultra butter, movie butter, mega butter, just butter... It's bonkers if you ask me.

Only a few companies make a natural non buttered popcorn. Paul Newman's Natural Popcorn is the best in the bag popcorn I've ever tasted. When I want butter on my popcorn, I'll melt some real butter and put it on my popcorn... So my advice is to try the Paul Newman's pcorn if you're going to do it in the bag...



If you don't want to use the bag to make your popcorn, on the stove can produce some really good results. I use a method that produces some really good corn with little leftover un-popped kernels. Add your corn and oil to the pan - turn the heat to high and let cook uncovered until 3 of the kernels pop - immediately take it off the and do a slow count to 60. This gives the kernels a chance to heat up and get ready to explode! After a minute has gone by put the pan back on the high heat, cover it, and shake it until it's done - be careful not to burn it! Carefully pour it out into bowls, eat & enjoy!

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko

No comments:

Post a Comment