Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sesame Seed Seared Tuna - So easy to make you won't believe it.


I've been wanting to make my own sesame seed seared tuna for about 10 years now. No kidding it really has been that long. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to make it but now that I have to admit I'm almost upset at how easy it was to do. Really my 9 year old sister could pull this one off...

The first thing you need for this dish is some fresh Ahi Tuna - Fresh is the key here. Since you're not cooking it all the way through you want it as fresh as possible. I got this Ahi tuna at Costco. It was so dang good it almost hurt.

.5 Lbs Ahi Tuna
Black & white sesame seeds
Salt
Pepper

Salad stuff:
Lettuce mix of your choice
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Avocado

Ginger-Soy Dressing (I got mine from the store)
Wasabi (it's ok to say it like the Bud commercials)

The hardest part of this dish is cutting up the veg for the salad. I'd start by preparing the salad first - wash and dry the greens - arrange them on a plate. Chop the veg to your liking and arrange them on the salad. In a dish add a healthy amount of sesame seeds - black and white if they are available (but just white will do). Salt and pepper the tuna on both sides. Coat both sides of the tuna with the seeds. Heat a skillet to medium high and add a few tablespoons of olive oil (or any type of oil you like). Add the tuna to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. When the tuna is cooked, remove it to a cutting board and cut on the bias. Place on the salads - Eat & Enjoy!

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko
--

No comments:

Post a Comment