Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grilled Cheese & Tomatoes


Please visit our new site at www.CookingMyWay.com



Who doesn't like a nice grilled cheese? Ok I know a few people who don't eat cheese (and I don't trust them)... You can add a lot to a grilled cheese to take it up a notch, but a simple tomato adds wonders if you ask me. For some reason since I started cooking I've been the one to always make the grilled cheese in my family. The best thing about a grilled cheese to me is that they don't have to be fancy to be good - white bread and American cheese is good - so is homemade wheat bread with English cheddar...

Bread
cheese
tomato
butter

Bring a pan to a medium heat. Butter one side of each of your pieces of bread. Place the butter side of one down on the pan, add the cheese, the tomato, and a bit of cheese on top then top with the other piece of bread (butter side up). Cover and let cook checking the bottom every so often so it doesn't burn. Once the bottom is nice and grilled, flip the sammy over and cook again. Once finished let sit for a minute or so so the cheese can set up a bit then Eat & Enjoy!

Happy cooking,

~Nikko

---





No comments:

Post a Comment