Friday, October 23, 2009

Cipriani Tagliolini - The best out of the box pasta you will ever eat. I beg you to prove me wrong.


It's my dad's birthday and when I asked him what he wanted to eat he said pasta. I said I would make it from scratch but as always he said don't go to the trouble. There's something very therapeutic to me about making my own pasta. Even though I can make it in my sleep now I'm still mesmerized every time I see my grandmother make pasta (she doesn't even measure anything and it all comes out perfect every time). Anyhow, I was at the market to get some nice bread and cheese for the meal and just happened to look in the pasta isle. The Cipriani pasta box stood right out at me for some reason and after reading the back of the box (see below) I had to try it. Even in the box it looks wonderful.

From this point forward, when I don't have time to make the pasta myself - Cipriani Tagliolini is my go to boxed pasta. It always will be until someone can prove me wrong. Go ahead I challenge you. I triple dog dare you too... I am man enough to say that it is every bit as good as mine is - it's not exactly the same, but it's really close. When it comes to pasta in a box it's freaking amazing!


The box says that it will give you 5 servings - it's not kidding. I had 5 people around the table tonight and I made two boxes just to be sure, we all ate like Kings and Queens and only ate half of the pasta... It only takes a few minutes to cook - You will spend more time bring the water to a boil than you will making the pasta and heating the sauce...


Here's the finished product - I'll admit I was a total slacker tonight - the pasta was out of a box, and I even used sauce out of a jar - If you've never tried Ragu's Organic sauce you're missing out. It's perfect right out of the jar. I had someone once try and doctor it up and to be honest she should have left it well alone - her messing with it made it not as good. Anyway - I'm all for making your own sauce but give the organic version a try and let me know what you think...

Bon Appetit...

~Nikko

From the back of the box!

What makes the Cipriani Pasta Special:
- Seven whole grade A fresh eggs are used for ever kg. of the best durum wheat.
- One hundred times the dough is processed through the press and the cylinders. No other pasta is produced with the same care which makes its thin, delicate but compact texture grow more than any other.
- Sixteen hours the length of time we keep it in a low temperature dryer

In 1931, a long-sought dream became reality. Giuseppe Cipriani opened the doors to Harry's Bar. In a discreet stone building perched along the canal just off Piazza San Marco in Venice, he created a timeless and impeccably appointed establishment. His concept was to serve others like you would want to be served yourself. His vision of luxury in simplicity would touch the soul of people all over the world. At Harry's Bar in Venice, and Italian National Landmark since 2001, all clients are treated like royalty. The secret of Cipriani isn't about what can be seen or touched, but what can be flet and sensed. It's intangible but palpable. It can't be patented, but even after seventy-five years it hasn't been duplicated by others.

I needed a cigarette after I read all that...


No comments:

Post a Comment