Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Roasted Chicken Salad

A good chicken salad doesn't have to be time consuming. Once nice thing about making chicken salad is that you can put a wide variety of items into the mixture (think broccoli and shredded zucchini).

One evening chicken salad just sounded good. I went to the market and picked up a roasted chicken (the easiest place to start), and apple, celery, some spicy mustard, and arugula for the base.

1 Roasted chicken, white meat removed and chopped fine - will give you a few cups
1 Cup celery diced
1 Cup apple diced
.5 Cup red onion diced
Mayo
1 tsp spicy mustard
Arugula
Salt
Pepper

Start by removing the white meat from the chicken. You can use the dark meat if you want - that's up to you. Dice up the celery and apple. Put all into a bowl and add a few tablespoons of mayo at a time. You can put in as much mayo as you like - I prefer my chick salad to be somewhat on the dryer side. Add the spicy mustard and mix all together well. You can add some nice red onion to the mix - I just forgot it and didn't have any in the house - I did not let that stop me it was still really good! This is good on a salad like I did here or in a sandwich...

--

No comments:

Post a Comment